For many people, spring means sneezing, itchy eyes and a runny nose. If allergies have got you down, there are some simple things you can do to help:
- Allergens, like pollen, dust and mold, can catch a ride inside on your clothes. Take your shoes off at the door and consider showering at night to wash away any allergens that are stuck in your hair. You should also wash your sheets weekly in hot water.
- Wear a mask when doing yardwork, dusting or vacuuming. These are prime times for allergens to be stirred up.
- Don’t let allergens float inside – keep windows and doors closed when pollen counts are high.
- Drink lots of water to help keep your nasal passages healthy.
- Load up on fresh fruits and veggies to help boost your immune system. Berries, kiwi and pineapple have been shown to lessen allergy symptoms.
Allergies are nothing to sneeze at. Talk to our doctor if your allergies aren’t getting better.