Get ready for Memorial Day with this vegetarian twist on a picnic classic. It’s perfect in a sandwich or piled on top of a salad. Plus, it’s super simple to make!
Plan a vegetarian party
Find more meatless recipes in the Resources & Tools section of the Healthy Lifestyles website.
Curried Tofu Salad
- 14-ounce package of extra-firm and water-packed tofu, drained and finely crumbled
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 cup of red grapes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons hot curry powder, preferably Madras
- 2 tablespoons prepared mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayo
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir in tofu, celery, grapes, scallions and walnuts.
- Salad may be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- You’ll find water-packed tofu in the refrigerated section of the supermarket. Try crumbling it into uneven pieces – this creates more surface area, which improves the texture and avoids the blocky look that turns many people away.
Fat: 7 g
Fiber: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Protein: 7 g
Sodium: 251 mg
Potassium: 267 mg