Getting the recommended five servings of veggies every day can be a challenge. Fortunately, we’ve got a few ideas to help! Check out these three veggie-loaded meals that your whole family will love: Chicken-Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash (below) and Chipotle-Lime Cauliflower Tacos.
Grow your love for vegetables
Check out our Healthy Recipes page on Pinterest for veggie-packed recipes.
Chicken-Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (8 ounces each)
1 spaghetti squash (2½ to 3 pounds), halved lengthwise and seeded
1¼ cups red enchilada sauce, divided
1 medium zucchini, diced
1 cup Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
- Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place chicken in a medium saucepan, add water to cover and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and gently simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165 degrees.
- Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board and shred with 2 forks. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, place squash cut-side down in a microwave-safe dish and add 2 tablespoons water. Microwave, uncovered, on high until the flesh is tender, about 10 minutes. (Alternatively, place squash halves cut-side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in an oven at 400 degrees until the squash is tender, 40 to 50 minutes.)
- Once cooled, use a fork to scrape the squash from the shells into the large bowl with the chicken. Place the shells on a broiler-safe pan.
- Stir 1 cup enchilada sauce, zucchini, pepper and salt into the bowl with the squash flesh and chicken. Divide the mixture between the shells; top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake on the lower rack for 10 minutes. Move to the upper rack, turn the broiler to high and broil, watching carefully, until the cheese starts to brown, about 2 minutes. To serve, cut each shell in half.
Serving size: ½ stuffed squash half
Fat: 22 g
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Protein: 34 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sodium: 426 mg
Potassium: 833 mg