It’s getting Pinteresting.
Did you know that Healthy Lifestyles is on Pinterest? That’s right! We’re here to help you through the holiday season with tasty appetizers, delicious desserts and fabulous side dishes.
Make your next gathering a little healthier – your friends and family won’t be the wiser – and you’ll be the hero of the party. Best of all, the recipes on our Healthy Recipes board are simple enough that you don’t need to be a top chef to pull them off. Here’s one of our favorite appetizer ideas!
Come see what’s new on our Healthy Recipes board and make your party pop.
Green Goddess Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- ¼ cup light sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Mash together avocados, sour cream and lime juice until smooth. Stir in the shallot, parsley, cilantro, chives, tarragon, jalapeño, garlic, salt, black pepper and cumin until blended.
- Transfer to a serving dish or bowl. Serve as a dip with fresh veggie sticks, pita chips or crackers.
Note: If you can’t find an herb, then basil makes a good substitute.
Serving size: ¼ recipe
Fat: 15 g
Carbohydrates: 30 g
Protein: 6 g
Sugars: 2 g
Sodium: 270 mg