Looking for a fun, easy treat for your family or friends? There’s a lot to love about these Peanut Butter and Pretzel Truffles. With just three ingredients, they are low in sugar and carbs – but they still satisfy your craving for something sweet and salty. And at just 64 calories each, you can enjoy one (or three) without undoing your hard work.
Love in the kitchen
Visit us on Pinterest to find more sweet treats or healthy entrée recipes.
Peanut Butter and Pretzel Truffles
- ½ cup crunchy natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup salted pretzels, finely chopped
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
- Combine peanut butter and pretzels in a small bowl. Chill in the freezer until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Roll the peanut butter mixture into 20 balls (about 1 teaspoon each). Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and stick a toothpick in each (for easier dipping). Freeze until very firm, about 1 hour.
- Dip each ball in melted chocolate and place back on the parchment paper. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes. Remove the toothpicks.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
To melt chocolate, microwave on medium for 30 seconds. Stir, then keep microwaving on medium, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted. Or place chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
Serving size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 64
- Fat: 4 g (1 g saturated)
- Fiber: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Sugars: 3 g