Move over, corned beef. There’s a healthier (and still delicious) way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Our Sweet Potato and Cabbage Slaw is the perfect crunchy side dish for fish or chicken. You can add jalapeño peppers for a hot and spicy kick, and best of all: no cooking needed.
For more great recipes, follow the Healthy Lifestyles Pinterest page at Pinterest.com/Healthy_Tips.
Sweet Potato and Cabbage Slaw
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sweet potato (about 1 large), peeled and coarsely grated
- 3 cups Napa or Savoy cabbage, thinly shredded
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon serrano or jalapeño pepper with seeds, finely minced (optional)
- Whisk canola oil, lime juice, sesame oil and salt in a large bowl.
- Add sweet potato, cabbage, scallions and serrano (or jalapeño), if using; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
The dressing and slaw can be refrigerated, separately, for up to one day. Toss together just before serving.
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Protein: 1 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sodium: 212 mg
Potassium: 104 mg