You know what they say: People who sweat together, stay together. Well, maybe that’s not the exact quote, but working out together is a great way to connect with the people you love. Grab a partner for this fun couple’s high-intensity workout.
Perform each exercise for 45 seconds with a 15-second rest. Repeat the circuit once.
- Partner planks: One person holds a plank position with straight arms and legs – keeping their abs pulled in tight. The other person holds their partner’s feet off the ground. Hold the plank for 45 seconds. Then switch positions.
- Seated twist: Sit back to back with your knees bent and feet on the floor, shoulder-width apart. Pass a weighted ball, dumbbell or heavier object back and forth by twisting to each side to take the object from your partner.
- High-five push-ups: Start in a push-up position with your heads close together. You can do this with knees bent or legs straight. Do a push-up and, at the top, high-five each other with opposite hands. Switch hands after each push-up.
- Double high-five squats: Stand facing each other, feet together. Jump your feet apart into a squat. Jump up and give each other high-fives with both hands, landing in a wide squat. Jump your feet back together.
- Leg throwdowns: One person lies on the ground with their legs straight up in the air. The other stands behind their head and pushes their partner’s feet down as their partner pulls their legs back up.
For an extra calorie burn, and if you have the space, add a relay race to the end of your workout or between each exercise. Find a space with room to run, like a basketball court or park. Start with each person on opposite sides of the space. One person runs to the other side and tags their partner. Then their partner runs to the other side. Repeat.
Fall in love with fitness
Find more workout motivation and fitness ideas on our Pinterest page.