For some of us, getting up before the sun to work out is just never going to happen. But what if we told you that you could fit in some fitness from the comfort of your own bed? Here are six simple exercises you can do in your PJs (and it will take you less than 10 minutes!). Feel free to increase your reps as you get stronger:
- Bridges: Lay on your back with your knees bent, feet hip-width apart and arms at your side. Lift your hips as high as you can, keeping your shoulder blades on the bed. Pause for a second, then slowly lower your hips back down to the bed. Repeat 10 to 15 times.
- Leg lowers. Lay on your back with legs straight up in the air, arms to the side. Flex your feet and lower your right leg halfway down to the bed. Raise your leg back up and then lower the left leg. Be sure to press your lower back into the bed so that you don’t arch it. Repeat 10 to 15 times on each side.
- Diamond crunches. Stay on your back, legs still raised. Bend both knees slightly to create a diamond shape, keeping your heels together. Press your lower back into the bed and put your hands lightly behind your head. Crunch up, bringing your knees and elbows towards each other. Repeat 15 to 20 times.
- Side leg lifts. Roll to your right side, propped up on your right elbow and your legs out straight. Flex your left foot and raise your left leg. Now pulse up for 10 counts and then lower your leg. Repeat three to five times on each side.
- Donkey kicks. Get on all fours, arms shoulder-width apart. Bring your right knee to your chest. Then kick back and straighten your leg behind you, keeping your foot flexed the whole time. Do 10 to 15 kicks on each side.
- PJ plank. Get in a push-up position with your abs tight and your body in a straight line. Don’t let your hips drop. Hold for 30 seconds.
Now, finish with a few minutes of stretching and you’re ready to hit the shower.
Get out of your fitness rut and find tips and ideas on our Pinterest page!