Getting outside to exercise is one of the best things about summer. But the heat can sneak up on you and put a serious damper on your fun in the sun. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the do’s and don’ts of warm-weather workouts:
- Do stay hydrated. Bring a water bottle and sip often. And be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day, too.
- Do get up with the sun. The early bird gets the worm – and stays a lot cooler, too.
- Do slow your pace. And listen to your body. If you feel light-headed or nauseous, then it’s time to head indoors and take it easy.
- Don’t forget sunscreen. Remember to reapply every two hours (or more often if you’re in the water or sweating a lot).
- Don’t take the road (or path) less travelled. In case of an emergency, you don’t want to be the only person around. Better yet, bring a friend to work out with you!
Check out the Healthy Lifestyles Pinterest page and find fitness motivation and workout tips.